Department: Agency Relations and Programs
Job Title: Agency Relations Nutrition Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Programs and Agency Relations
Full-time / Non-exempt
The Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for providing nutritional education and other community resources within our 11 county service area. This will include but is not limited to developing recipes and providing food demonstrations at cooking classes, mobile pantry events and health related community events. This position will also maintain and create community partnerships to educate and promote healthy eating programs. This position will be responsible for grant activities and reports as assigned.
This position works closely with the Director of Programs and Agency Relations. This position must also possess the ability to interpret federal regulations to partner agencies so that they may understand their responsibilities.
You will uphold our mission: Fighting Hunger, Feeding Hope
- Create monthly newsletter for the Senior Grocery Program.
- Provide community cooking classes.
- Develop recipes and nutritional information resources.
- Develop community partnerships.
- Public speaking and tabling at events.
- Must be able to travel throughout the service area using personal vehicle (travel reimbursement will be provided).
- Assist the Director of Programs and Agency Relations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years work experience in related field.
- Ability to both organize and prioritize work and tasks.
- Pleasant, courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. The ability to both learn and use various software programs dealing with databases and inventory systems.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, professional, and timely manner with those both inside and outside of the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and work well with people in a team environment, and have the ability to manage time and multiple projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply with your cover letter and resume by emailing HR@Fightinghunger.org. This job opening post will remain open until filled.