Operate a Food Pantry as a Partner Agency
- A food pantry is a community-based program that collects and safely stores food and household products for free distribution to low-income and needy members of the community.
- Each pantry sets their distributing frequency and hours of operation.
- New pantries are added based on the identified needs in your area and must be a 501C3, as recognized by the IRS with a letter of determination or exempt as a Church.
Benefits of Food Pantries:
- Offer a sustainable source of food for food insecure families in the community.
- Free up finances for families that would otherwise be spent on groceries.
- Empower communities to combat hunger in their own backyards.
- Connect families with community services to alleviate other hardships.
If your organization is interested in becoming a pantry, please fill out an interest form found HERE.
For more information about operating a food pantry as a Partner Agency, please contact Cynthia Douglas, Assistant Programs Manager, at (850) 544-2277 or Cynthia@FightingHunger.org.