BreakSpot Site Supervisor
The Summer BreakSpot Site Supervisor distributes meals to children through our mobile route, Food on the Move, while following the program guidelines set by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. You will uphold our mission: To feed the hungry in the Big Bend through our network of partner agencies, and to educate and engage the community in the fight against hunger.
This is a time-limited position. The position will begin immediately upon completion of the hiring process and conclude at the end of the program, Friday, August 6, 2021.
- Maintain a positive work attitude by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to good interpersonal relations (e.g., helpful, courteous, pleasant) with customers, all public, co-workers and managers, in accordance with the spirit of Second Harvest of the Big Bend’s mission.
- Attend the training session provided by Second Harvest prior to operating.
- Check off meals at they are distributed using our online tracking system via tablet provided by Second Harvest.
- Make sure meals remain at the proper temperature for safety.
- Serve one complete meal to children.
- Serve meals to children 18 years of age or younger, or people (of all ages) with physical or mental disabilities who participate in special school programs for the disabled.
- Serve meals to all attending children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability.
- Understand all applicable State and Federal Regulations and Laws and Feeding America rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
- Pleasant, courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- The ability to learn and use various software programs dealing with databases and inventory systems.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions, including hot temperatures.
- Must be available to work Monday- Friday for 25-29 hours a week. Current schedule is 10am – 3:30pm, but subject to change.
- Must be flexible with schedule when issues or emergencies arise.
The Summer BreakSpot Site Supervisor will be paid $15.00 an hour. This is a part-time time-limited position that is not eligible for benefits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter by Close of Business, 5pm Friday June 18, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org