The Facilities Manager oversees the maintenance and general upkeep of the food bank facility and related equipment, leads the Food Banks safety program and procures needed supplies for the operation and safety of the warehouse facility. You will uphold our mission: Fighting Hunger, Feeding Hope
1. Facility Management:
a. Develops relationships with existing and potential vendors
b. Oversees existing preventive maintenance programs and procures new ones as needed.
c. Ensures all areas of the facility are clean and operational
d. Handles acquisition of bid proposals for major projects as needed
2. Occupational Safety:
a. Ensure OHSA best practices are followed
b. Serves as safety committee chair and oversees the safety program
c. Conducts monthly safety inspections
d. Ensures first aid equipment and supplies are maintained and in good working order
3. Facility Supplies Procurement
a. Develops relationships, researches supply sources and procures for the warehouse, restrooms, packing, cleaning and sanitation programs among other areas.
4. Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
1. Bachelors degree or 4 years work experience in related field such as facilities management, Occupational Safety
2. Minimum of 2 years work experience in Procurement and Bid Proposals
3. Must possess OHSA10, General Industry training
4. Must possess/obtain OSHA30, General Industry certification within 6 months of being hired
5. Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
6. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The ability to learn and use various software programs dealing with databases.
7. Must be self-motivated and work well with people in a team environment, and have the ability to manage time and multiple projects.
8. Must be able to work outside normal business hours as needed.
9. Must be willing to work some late afternoon, night, and weekend hours as needed
Salary for this position is $38,000-$40,000 an hour commensurate upon experience. Second Harvest also provides a generous benefits package inclusive of paid health, dental and life insurance for the employee. Employees may elect to participate in the Simple IRA retirement program; SHBB will match up to 3% of your salary. SHBB recognizes 11 paid holidays each year, and employees earn sick leave and vacation time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internal and External Candidates may submit your resume and cover letters to HR@FightingHunger.org