The Leadership / Campaign Gifts Manager is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding from high net-worth individuals through effective identification, cultivation and solicitation to meet short and long-term goals of Second Harvest of the Big Bend (SHBB). The primary objective of the Manager is to develop and strengthen donor relationships through contacts and written communications, and to secure major gifts for the mission SHBB and its upcoming Capital Campaign.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward, and retain qualified prospects and donors. Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 qualified relationships, and apply a moves management approach to the portfolio, with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor.
- Strategically engage volunteers, organization leadership, current donors, and other development staff in peer prospect identification, visits and closings.
- Play lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Provide accurate and timely activity reports and revenue forecasts. Maintain accurate information in the donor database.
- Researching and preparing a fully rated campaign donor prospect list, including corporations and foundations.
- Assisting in the development of compelling and engaging campaign material and all collateral pieces in order to reach each segment of the segmented campaign donor prospect list.
- Working alongside with the CEO/CDO campaign planning and solicitation activities.
- Developing the very best solicitation strategies for all major gift prospects.
- Execute major gift materials, including briefing memos, proposals and stewardship materials.
- Cultivate and expand current giving by leadership gift donors and integrate leadership gift objectives into major individual donor requests in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer
- Assist with the planning and implementation of several recognition/cultivation events for major donors each fiscal year with specific responsibility for meeting event revenue goals and driving specific tactics and strategies for follow-up.
- Provide leadership initiative to manage other projects that enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Development Department in meeting its goals and objectives.
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the outcomes of this position are achieved, as well as on the timeliness and complete accomplishment of assigned goals including:
- Manage a balanced portfolio of Gift donors with target prospects being determined and evaluated on a regular basis.
- Establish and steward strong relationships with donors, producing new and sustained leadership / campaign gifts.
Salary for this position is commensurate upon experience. Second Harvest also provides a generous benefits package inclusive of paid health, dental and life insurance for the employee. Employees may elect to participate in the Supplemental Insurance and the Simple IRA program. SHBB recognizes 12 paid holidays each year, and employees receive a generous PTO allotment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, drive, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.