The Program Associate will assist with operating two pantries throughout the summer and supporting additional mobile distributions. The associate will perform duties that will help neighbors have an exceptional shopping experience at the pantries and mobile distributions. You will uphold our mission: To feed the hungry in the Big Bend through our network of partner agencies and to educate and engage the community in the fight against hunger. This position is seasonal and will end in August 2023.
- Maintain a positive work attitude by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to good interpersonal relations (e.g., helpful, courteous, pleasant) with neighbors, all public, co-workers, and managers, in accordance with the spirit of Second Harvest of the Big Bend’s mission.
- Attend the training session provided by Second Harvest.
- Understand all applicable State and Federal Regulations and Laws and Feeding America rules.
- Assist neighbors while shopping at the pantries.
- Ensure the pantry has a good inventory supply, is organized, and is clean.
- Assist with collecting and inputting monthly statistical data for each pantry.
- Distribute and collect surveys throughout the grant term.
- Address and assist in the resolution of pantry site concerns and issues.
- Attend required training outside of Second Harvest of the Big Bend.
- Must be able to travel throughout the Big Bend Region area if a company car is not available.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and tasks.
- Pleasant, courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Learning and using various software programs dealing with databases and inventory systems.
- Must be flexible with schedule when issues or emergencies arise.
- Must be willing to assist in disaster response (i.e. Hurricanes, floods, pandemics, etc.).
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours as needed.
- Must be willing to work some late afternoon, night, and weekend hours as needed
The Program Associate is a Part-time(20 hours a week), non-exempt role that will be compensated hourly at $17.00.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may submit your resume and cover letter to HR@fightinghunger.org