REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
AMERICA’S SECOND HARVEST OF THE BIG BEND, INC.
PROJECT #19-04: General Contractor Services – Facility Upgrades
PROPOSAL DUE DATE: November 12, 2019, 2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST)
APPLICATION METHOD: All bids shall be delivered by a representative of the Bidder or by registered mail with return receipt requested.
Requestor’s Background and Project Overview
America’s Second Harvest of the Big Bend (Second Harvest) is accepting proposals to provide general contracting services for ADA upgrades to its facility at 4446 Entrepot Blvd., Tallahassee, Florida 32310. Services will include:
- Demolition, removal and replacement of concrete ramp
- Minor interior improvements (modify door frames, install water fountain)
- Entry stair renovations
- Parking lot striping and signage
Drawings and Specifications may be obtained at the office of MLD Architects, 211 John Knox Road, Suite 105, Tallahassee, Florida, under the Instructions to Bidders upon receipt of $15 (non-refundable) per digital set. All materials furnished and all work performed shall be under Drawings and Specifications. Each Bid shall be addressed to:
Second Harvest of the Big Bend
4446 Entrepot Blvd.
Tallahassee, Florida 32310
and be marked:
- Bids for Second Harvest General Contractor
- (Name and address of Bidder)
All bids shall be delivered by a representative of the Bidder or by registered mail with return receipt requested. Proposals received after the Due Date will be rejected.
At a minimum, bids must include:
- A brief cover letter signed by a responsible party with a statement you have read and understood the RFP and can provide the services requested. Note any exceptions.
- Experience providing general contracting services.
- Experience managing similar projects and subcontracting.
- Experience maintaining compliance with state and federal guidelines, including recordkeeping.
- A copy of all current licenses, registrations and certifications issued by federal, state and local agencies, and any other licenses, registrations or certifications from any other governmental entity with jurisdiction, allowing respondent to perform the covered services including, but not limited to, licenses, registrations or certification.
- A warranty that unless otherwise specified, all items proposed by the bidder shall include a warranty covering services, parts and/or labor for at least one year. All goods furnished shall be guaranteed by the successful Bidder against factory defects and workmanship.
- Anticipated timeline to completion.
- Detailed cost estimate.
All bids must comply with State and Federal standards identified in Second Harvest’s agreement with the Florida Division of Emergency Management executed January 18, 2019. A copy of the agreement is available upon request to email@example.com.
Questions regarding this RFP can be submitted in writing by October 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The questions and responses will be provided on the Second Harvest website: https://www.fightinghunger.org/About-Us/RFPs-ITBs on November 4.
Second Harvest reserves the right to waive irregularities and/or informalities in any Bid and to reject any or all Bids in whole or part, with or without cause, and/or accept the Bid deemed to be in its best interests. Bidders waive appeal or legal action related to this RFP.
Any necessary additional information can be obtained by email to: email@example.com.
Award information will be provided November 19, 2019.