The Volunteer Associate is responsible for the oversight and training of volunteers, primarily working in the warehouse with the packaging of product in preparation of delivery. Responsible for supervision of Second Shift activities at the warehouse. The incumbent will provide some customer service to volunteers while upholding the organization’s mission to “Engage, Feed, and Educate.”
1. Oversees set up, packaging, primarily in boxes, and cleanup of food product for distribution to partner agencies, mobile pantries and direct distributions to end use clients.
2. Coordinates with Operations staff related to packaging activities.
3. Works with assigned Warehouse Associate on product movement, packing, and cleanup afterwards to return the warehouse to proper condition for regular operations the following day
4. May assist with the logistics of special events and fundraising projects.
5. Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
1. Must be able to work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
2. Must be able to work Wednesdays-Fridays 1pm-9pm, Saturdays and Sundays 8am-5pm
3. Minimum one year experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
4. Four year college degree preferred
5. High level of self-motivation, organizational and communication skills, and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
6. Must be computer literate with experience in social networking.
7. Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of people.
8. Drug screening, and background checks are required.
9. Available for random testing to ensure safety.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.