Warehouse Associate (second shift)
The Warehouse Associate (second shift) is primarily involved with support of the packing operation of product for distribution. The candidate will work closely the Second shift volunteer coordinator “The successful candidate will uphold our mission to Engage, Feed and Educate.”
1. Assist in facilitation of volunteer packing operations including product pulling, product movement packing, light maintenance and cleanup
2. Facility management to include meeting industry standards in warehousing, food handling and equipment maintenance.
3. Assist with inventory control, quality control, and other duties ascribed by the Warehouse Manager and volunteer Coordinator
4. Maintenance of first-in/first-out system, ensuring product safety.
5. Compliance with OSHA, USDA, Florida Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services and Second Harvest of the Big Bend policies and procedures.
6. Establish rapport with staff and volunteers
7. Maintain proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
8. Perform sanitation duties as assigned.
9. Continuously check products for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs of unsafe distribution.
10. Communicate suggestions, ideas, improvements and other constructive feedback to management.
11. Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
1. Must be able to work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
2. Must be able to work Wednesdays-Fridays 1pm-9pm. Saturdays and Sundays 8am-5pm
3. Electric Forklift and Pallet jack certification a must. Must be certified with the first 30 days of employment
4. High School Diploma or equivalent.
5. Florida Driver’s License with appropriate class in good standing
6. Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
7. Ability to lift and carry weight in accordance with OSHA standards.
8. Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of people.
9. Basic Math Skills.
10. Ability to prepare written reports accurately
11. Capable of working under pressure, completing various assignments responsibly and in a timely manner
12. Drug screening, and background checks are required.
13. Available for random testing to ensure safety.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.