The Warehouse Associate Is responsible for assisting with inventory control by correctly receipting, pulling orders, distribution of product and assisting with warehouse maintenance. The incumbent will provide some customer service to Agencies and Vendors while upholding the organization’s mission of “Engage, Feed and Educate.”
1. Assist in inventory control, pulling orders and warehouse maintenance.
2. Facility management to include meeting industry standards in warehousing, food handling and equipment maintenance.
3. Maintenance of correct and updated records of receipts and distribution of product reported to the Warehouse Manager and Product Manager.
4. Assist with inventory control, quality control, and other duties ascribed by the Warehouse and Transportation Coordinators.
5. Maintenance of first-in/first-out system, ensuring product safety.
6. Compliance with OSHA, USDA, Florida Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services and Second Harvest of the Big Bend policies and procedures.
7. Obtain, review, implement, and sign off on those responsibilities pertaining to warehouse practices as outlined by Second Harvest of the Big Bend and any manuals deemed pertinent by supervisor.
8. Establish rapport with representatives of food donors and vendors.
9. Maintain proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
10. Perform sanitation duties as assigned.
11. Continuously check products for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs of unsafe distribution.
12. Communicate suggestions, ideas, improvements and other constructive feedback to management.
13. Assist with weighing of product, loading and unloading at warehouses.
Required Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies)
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Florida Driver’s License with appropriate class in good standing
3. Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
4. Ability to lift and carry weight in accordance with OSHA standards.
5. Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of people.
6. Basic Math Skills.
7. Ability to successfully complete training pertaining to the safe operation of warehouse equipment and machinery.
8. Ability to prepare written reports accurately
9. Capable of working under pressure, completing various assignments responsibly and in a timely manner
10. Drug screening, and background checks are required.
11. Available for random testing to ensure safety.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.