Sharing Your Personal Story Can Help Us Fight Hunger
What does hunger mean to you? How have you fought hunger in your life?
If you have experienced hunger firsthand, or if you work in a food pantry and see hunger every day, please tell us your story. If you’ve been inspired to volunteer or donate to Second Harvest, we’re interested in your story, too. If you’re not sure what to write about, you could tell us about your experience with any of the following:
- Using emergency food or food assistance (including food pantries and mobile pantries, child nutrition programs, disaster relief distributions, etc.).
- A time when you had trouble making ends meet or having to choose between food and rent, medical bills and medicine, or other expenses.
- Difficulty accessing food or services where you live due to a grocery store closure,
transportation issues, etc.
- Why you volunteer your time to fight hunger.
- A story of someone you know who struggles with hunger and how they were helped.
- The reason you donate to Second Harvest of the Big Bend food bank.
- How has your agency benefited by partnering with Second Harvest of the Big Bend food bank?
If you have any questions or would prefer to tell your story to someone, please contact:
Shari Hubbard, Director of Community Relations
850-562-3033 ext. 211